FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are hair extensions safe for my hair?
During your complimentary consultation, we will explore all your needs and discuss your hair type and texture, your lifestyle and potential home-care routines. Then we’ll recommend the best options for you, which will protect your natural hair.
How much do hair extensions cost?
The cost of our 100% human hair extensions, fillers, wigs, toppers and hairpieces varies, based on the type of product you are getting and how much customization is required. Our zero-pressure consultations are always complimentary. We want you to explore all the options and take your time deciding on the right choice for you.
How long does my hair have to be to get extensions or fillers?
To make certain your extensions transition seamlessly from your natural hair, we recommend that your own hair be about four inches long.
Are all your hair products 100% human hair?
Yes. We offer premium European hair and premium Indian blended hair. Both are 100% human Remy hair that allows complete customization, so we can match your hair color and texture perfectly.
How often will I need to book an appointment for an adjustment?
Depending on the type of extension and the attachment method you choose, as well as how fast your natural hair grows, you can expect your hair to require an adjustment every one to three months. We will also teach you proper home care, to extend the life of your extensions. If you selected a product that requires home maintenance, such as a wig, hairpiece or topper, we’ll show you how to maintain the product at home. You can also elect to use our hair maintenance services.
How do I care for my extensions at home?
When Cleansing and Conditioning:
- Wait at least 24 hours after your salon visit before shampooing your hair.
- Gently brush your hair to remove tangles, using the Angelo David brush.
- Use tepid water when shampooing, and lather in a downward direction. Avoid tugging and pulling or aggressive movements that go against the direction of the addition.
- Apply conditioner from the midshafts to the ends only. Comb through gently, using a wide-toothed comb, then rinse thoroughly.
- Squeeze out excess water with a towel. Do not turban-wrap your towel or pull your hair upward.
- Mist on Angelo David Leave-in Conditioner and comb through gently.
When Blow Drying and Styling:
- Apply the recommended styling product. Distribute it evenly, using a wide-toothed comb.
- When blow drying, work in sections, from the bottom up, handling hair gently. Hold the blow dryer at least two inches away from your hair and move it continuously.
- To avoid tangles at the addition or extension base, use the Angelo David brush, which combines staggered-length bristles. Glide the brush over the additions, working from the ends up. Take sections no larger than the width of the brush.
- Always direct air flow down the hair shaft.
Are all Angelo David hair products custom-made?
We specialize in custom-creating all of our wigs, hairpieces, toppers, extensions and additions. We take samples of your own hair, so that we can perfectly match your hair color, texture and type. We can even create mixed-texture extensions and adjust each one for your desired density or thickness. In the salon, we can further customize your hair for the perfect cut, color and style. Ready-to-wear options are also available.
If I get my hair colored at another salon, can I continue to do so?
Yes. However, we highly recommend that you take advantage of the convenience of our one-stop service, which includes cutting, coloring, styling and maintenance of our hair products. Because your hair is custom created and colored for you, we cannot guarantee any of our hair products that are colored, chemically treated or otherwise adjusted elsewhere.
Do you offer private rooms?
Absolutely. We understand your privacy concerns and have several roomy, private, VIP rooms available for our clients.
Can you meet medical hair loss needs?
We have extensive experience working with medical hair-loss issues, including chemotherapy, alopecia, male pattern baldness, stress, pregnancy and more. Whatever the cause of your hair loss, we’ll offer the best solution for you, that is gentle on your remaining hair and/or your scalp.